Monday, April 14, 2008

Going Nuts!!!


So Saturday we decided to get the boys bikes out of the shed, get our rakes and gardening stuff out and check on the lawn mower. My Knight also got my flower pots out just to prepare for spring. He came across one filled with leaves in it and neither of us could remember putting them in there. We just assumed one of the boys must have.
Well low and behold when my Knight dumped out the container two little baby squirrels tumbled out onto the ground. The boys were going crazy with excitement on our new find.



Everyone was excited and happy until these little guys began to sing and their crazed mother almost jumped my husband and chased the boys around the backyard. Quickly we scooped them back up, put them back into the flower pot, leaves and all.
We had to keep an eye on the mother because we were not sure how close she was going to come. A couple of times she ran up to my husbands feet. He began dancing around trying not to dump the pot again. It was quite the scene with the boys yelling and screaming and running wildly in the back yard. My husband kept yelling at me "Where is she? Is she going to get me?" I just took pictures and laughed. They are now back in our shed. We will leave them alone for another 3 weeks before they get evicted. By then they should be old enough if they haven't moved yet. We hauled all of our stuff under the over hang beside our house not to disturb them again. Yup, just another crazy day here!




6 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Sounds like a exciting time!

My Saturday was spent correcting papers and assigning final grades for the two co-op classes I teach, while simutaneously listening to my boys' band practice for the Battle of the Bands next Saturday at the Redland BIC church.

Krazy Klingers said...

That was hilarious! I am sitting here at work laughing so hard that I almost peed myself and everyone keeps walking by asking me "what's so funny?" I couldn't stop laughing long enough to tell them. I would have loved to have been there to witness that!

Becki said...

This is so funny. I was laughing so hard out loud at the vision of the scene.

Amelia Antwiler said...

That is a great story!!
We did some yard work- but we didn't have squirrels. It sounded like an adventure, for sure.

The Gang's Momma! said...

That's hilarious - sounds like so much fun!
We spent the weekend tearing apart our bedroom and painting. I'll post before and afters soon!

Tiffany said...

This story was great...I would have just laughed and snapped pictures of my husband too! Squirrels can be vicious...so I can only imagine a momma who thinks someone might be messing with her babies. Also, I misplaced your contact information you gave me a MIA...could you send me an email to tiffany1002@comcast.net?