Thursday, April 3, 2008

Locked Out!!!


Last night was not such a good night. My Knight has been away in Virginia this week on business. I had the job of taking the boys to Wed. night church so my older two could attend a Baptism class. They are excited to be Baptized on April 19, so they had to attend this class. Being very tired, because I have not been sleeping well this week, I stepped out of the house to go to the van. I thought I had put my keys in my purse. As I began to search I realized they were still in the house. That's when it happened. Shaggy came out and shout the door.

We were now locked out. My Knight who had the only other key was 3 1/2 hours away and I didn't even have keys to drive my van any where. We tried calling friends but being a Wed. night everyone was in service or heading to church and not answering their cell phones. I finally called my husband in a panic. Our Realtor who we rent from told us it was after hours and they don't come and open the homes up at that time so if we wanted to get back into our house we would have to call a locksmith. Well standing on the side of the curb with no telephone book made that a little difficult. All the neighbors we know were still at work or out for dinner so the street was empty. Finally we got a hold of some dear friends who were skipping church for the evening and they picked us up and took us to church. The boys made it to the class.

We tried breaking in to our house later but we couldn't try to hard since we rent. I didn't really want to have to explain that to my Landlord. My dear friend Terry E. told us we could get a locksmith but they would charge us after hours fees also being so late at night. We just don't have any extra money right now so the E's had us back to their house for the evening. My Knight had already started home so by 11pm he came rolling in to rescue us. We flew home. I threw the boys in bed without their teeth brushed and didn't even change them into their PJ's. I know that sounds horrible but you should hear the stuff they do when they go camping with their father. :)

So now everyone is very tired and warn out. My Knight is off to Delaware today for training and hopefully will make it in time for Church tonight. Tonight is the CCC School of Ministry Prophetic Presbytery so I might just have to go without him. I hope not because I don't really want to go and am not looking forward to this at all.

So now I need to go and get an extra key made and I am going online to start looking for a house to buy. I absolutely have had it with renting. This has just been the longest week.
ARRHHGG!!

4 comments:

Trish said...

How awful! Do you want us to get together and beat up the landlord??

I hope you can get a little rest today somehow.

Livin' Life said...

That's really funny. I think Natalie must be wearing off on us with all these violent tendancies!:)

Beautiful Grace said...

Locking yourself out of your house definitely IS frustrating!!! I've done that too, but I've also done much worse. :(

When Consecrated was a baby, I had to attend a mandatory meeting at work. I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I locked my precious son in the car in his carseat. Now I was frantic cause he was only a few months old, but he was sleeping, so he was fine until Strongman got there. I think he broke land speed records that day.

That story is bad enough, you'd think I would have learned my lesson, but I didn't. I did it again when Consecrated was older.

Although Consecrated was a toddler and still in a car seat, he was fully capaple of unlatching the belt and unlocking the car door. He was again sleeping when I locked him inside. My Hubby was not in the area, so I called my Dad to get the other set of keys at my house and come rescue me. That's when I had the bright idea to wake Consecrated up and let him unlock the door himself...BAD, BAD, BAD mistake. He was so upset, he couldn't anything except scream until my Dad got there!!! So I understand your frustration, girl!!!

At far as the School of Ministry Prophetic Presbytery goes, please don't let the evil one intimidate you!!! I'm certain that prophetic people the leadership has choosen are on track. Just get a nap today, if you can, put on some worship music and pray, pray, pray like I did on Saturday. We have NO REASON to feel like we don't fit. It's all satan trying to hold a wonderful, powerful, woman of God back from receiving words of life from the Lord. Bless you, Dear!!!! :)

Kelli said...

I've locked myslef out of everything: house, office, car, car when it was running. So, I know exactly how you feel. I'm just glad that it didn't happen to you tonight becasue tonight I can't wait to hear what whill be spoken over you. I'm so excited for you!