Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sister Paul

No not a new saint the Catholic Church is trying t canonize, but the name of Drama Kings baby sister. For a year now he has been praying for a baby sister despite the reality physically we cannot have any more. We haven't told him that. His determination and persistence has increased my husband and my faith to believe again for this to happen.

Last night was the best. Drama King asked "When is she coming, it is taking forever."

I replied with "Very soon honey." (smiling at my down trodden child)

He then declared to all of us "I have the best name, we will call her Sister Paul."

The older boys laughed and after seeing Drama Kings reaction from them my Knight and I tried very hard not too. So I asked him why Sister Paul.

His response "My middle name is Paul and she is my sister.I want to give her my middle name because I like it."

Me: "OK, but how about Alexis Katherine. That's a pretty name."

Drama King: "No only Sister Paul!!"

Well the conversation went on for some time with no resolution. I guess we still have time. The funny thing is the Lord did remind me it was Drama King who started the fire burning in our hearts for one more. Does that give him the legal right in naming her? Hummm....got to think about that one. :)

6 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

That's cute!!

Here's some encouragement for you...one of my student's from last year's co-op told his mom while in 2nd grade that she is raising and prophet and she will also raise a prophetess. Many years passed and she wasn't even thinking about having a child again (she's my age). Anyway, her son at 13 years old, came into her bedroom one morning, laid his hand on her belly and said we must prepare for her. She didn't believe it until she took a preganacy test. The little girl was born last November!!! I was playing with her at co-op yesterday.

Keep up your faith, you never know how God will answer you!!! :)

Kelli said...

Brother Bear was adamant at the age of 7 that my name should be Penelope Pitstop, the name of his favorite tv character. :) I was very glad my parents did not let him name me. He sometimes calls me Penelope or Penny now.

Krazy Klingers said...

Would Sister be the first name and Paul be the middle name?

I kind of like it! She would definitely have a very unique name.

Melissa said...

Paulina? Paulette? Paula? It's workable!

Mrs. C said...

So adorable! What a cutie-pie.

My mom told me that I was totally convinced that I was having a little sister. No way to "know" back then for sure. My parents tried to prep me for a baby brother so that I wouldn't be disappointed. My response? I told them I knew I was having a baby sister because God told me so!

Guess what? God gave me my sis. :) I never thought that I had a say in what to name her...

Trish said...

Stranger things have happened. I vote for Paulette!