Friday, January 11, 2008

Froggy vs. Dust Bunny

Some may say it isn't true but this is a true story. Anything is possible at our wacky home. I am actually still amazed myself. The other day we were running around the house during chores and homework. While I was picking up, out of the corner of my eye I saw something on the floor (not unusual). When I looked down I realized one of the boys had left a toy rubber frog on the floor. Oddly enough it was tangled in a dust bunny. I guess that's not really odd because the boys are always dropping things behind the couch and bouncing things under cabinets. But why here in the middle of the hall.

Well I bent down to retrieve the dusty toy when to my surprise it moved!!! Or did it? Maybe the toxic fumes are finally getting to me. So I reached for it again and to my amazement it moved again. A little freaked out I called for the boys and Shaggy and Rocker came to my rescue. After a thorough analysis of the sitch I realized it was indeed a real frog. It had hopped around our house and got tangled up in a dust bunny. Boy I guess I need some spring cleaning ASAP if our home is that dangerous to the welfare of frogs.

The compassionate animal loving side of me came through and we gave Kermit a bath, freeing him from his dusty chains that had imprisoned him. Then we all looked for more info on him in a book Rocker had about various outdoor critters. He is a bonefide tree frog not a toad. After the bath and on closer inspection you could see the little sticky pads on his feet. So Shaggy, Rocker & Drama King began sticking Kermit to everything in our home(or at least trying to he fell a couple of times). Rescuing the poor frog we transferred him back to our yard. Apparently they dig deep into mud and dirt and hibernate during the winter. Somehow he was a little confused on the season and came to the surface to early. I don't blame him for the confusion, I think I am a little confused myself with which season we are in. So there you have it. No one fessed up on how this critter entered our house. I just hope this is not a sign of an on coming plague or something.

5 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Can I just tell you again how happy I am you are blogging?

Thanks for giving me a smile...now while I try to get some cleaning done here (because I didn't do anything with Brady here) I'll be praying I don't hear a 'ribbit'!

The Gang's Momma! said...

LOL! I'm dying here - you gave a frog a bath? This is why I'm so glad you are blogging! I would have shrieked, called Dr. Doolittle and gone up to take a shower! :)

Hands-Free Heart said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Natalie said...

TCC stole the comment right out of my keyboard...I, too, am so happy that you are blogging. And I hope you become as addicted as the rest of us so that your "voice" will be heard for years to come.

Melissa said...

Oh my word! Yes, I, too, am glad that you're blogging and I'm really glad I did not find a dusty frog in my house. You would've heard the screams across the river.....