Friday, January 11, 2008

Missing Body Parts

You know it's always interesting to me how the Lord speaks. It's never with lighting or earthquakes just His still, quiet voice. I was trying to clean some today(see trying to clean!!!!) when I discovered a body part to one of the boys toys. They are all over the house. Heads to Lego men, arms to Transformers, and legs to who knows what. The boys have a pile of useless toys because their body parts are missing. Well this narrative is strictly a conversation between the Father and me so please don't feel like I am preaching to anyone. I just thought I would share my heart.

I looked at the missing leg of the Transformer and right away the Father showed me a picture of the Body of Christ. It had many missing pieces. He made me realize that those pieces are people. People who I personally struggle with at times or would rather not work with in the Body. Believe me He was very clear even to the point of giving me names. The world is rejecting My Body because it is still rejecting itself. How can we expect to function properly when we are missing a limb or head or vital organ? Like the toys the boys refused to play with because they were not complete or whole the world looks to us the same way. Boy that was hard to swallow. Especially since He was clear about the part I was playing in this problem. Then I began to see each of the people He had quickened to my spirit and like snow melting on a warm spring day my hardness and rejection towards these individuals was released from my heart. I saw them as He saw them. Yes some were hurting and reacting out of their pain but He was very open to me and showed me a time I behaved just like them. Someone (or should I say many people) reached out to me even at times getting their hands bit off by me. This was powerful. Now I know it's not going to be easy and not everyone will be ready for me to just reach out there to them, but I am ready to wait on God and reach when he tells me too instead of brushing them off.

I restored the toy parts back their original bodies and knew in my heart I must be a part of restoring the missing parts of the Body of Christ and not discarding the whole thing because I saw it as useless.

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Thank you for sharing. There is solid truth in that and even if we don't want to hear it - we need to. :)

Oh...and it was ok to laugh at my keyless self yesterday. I'm laughing too.

Hands-Free Heart said...

Beautifully written and so true. Thank you.