Friday, January 18, 2008

Shout Outs!!!

I saw this on a Web site for 'From Me Tees' and I thought this was a great idea. I was taught growing up that we need to "humble" ourselves instead of building each other up. Therefore I was brought up in a very discouraging atmosphere. To compliment or uplift someone was thought of as vanity or selfrighteouness. Well what I tell my kids now is how wonderful they are. The world is full of people who will let us know how "humble" we are (sarcastically speaking). Let's build each other up. For the next couple of days I want to give a SHOUT OUT to some of my friends in and out of the blogging world. So join me. Leave a Shout Out in my comments or post one on your blog (I will post those left in the comments). Let's encourage and lift one another up instead of tearing each other down!!!!

To Hands Free Heart:

You are truly a beautiful woman of God. You are filled with the Fathers love and kindness. You show us what it means to be real and honest not with holding anything, but giving your all. You are a good mama and it radiates through your boys smiles. Oh what amazing things the Father has for you. You have only seen the tip of the ice berg. I am blessed to know you and call you friend.
To Plain and Simple:

You know your blog title doesn't do you justice. You are so more than that. You are an incredible woman. Each time we speak more and more of you begins to shine through. You are a multi-faceted diamond from the Father. Your creativity is incredible. You are the Proverbs 31 woman. You are a warrior worshiper and my heart leaps when I hear you give of yourself to Him. May God breakthrough in even greater ways!!!
To The Gangs All Here:

I miss you being around. You are a pillar for the Kingdom. We need women like you to draw from your deep wells of wisdom that you have. I have lovingly named you Supper Mom at our house. You have a heart that just keeps going and going and going. Each time you think you filled it more opens up. You are a woman I admire and respect greatly and I know that I speak for so many who have been touched by your life.
To oH mY wORD:

You are a true sister and friend. I may not be a physical sister but I am so honoured to call you my sister in Christ and my friend. Your joy is contagious. Your laughter fills those who hear it with the Fathers own laugh. Your unbridled desire for more of the Father is also contagious. No one can be around you or your family for a few moments and not know that your eyes are firmly fixed on Jesus. Amazing, simply said your an amazing woman of God.

TO BE CONTINUED......

3 comments:

Melissa said...

First of all before I forget to say it, I really, really like your new layout.

And, secondly, thank you for the kind words. You, my friend, are a breath of fresh air in my day whether I see you in person or read this wonderful blob of yours!

And, thirdly, I completely AMEN everything you wrote about the rest of the gals.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Thank you. I am so honored that you feel that way about me. You made me cry! I couldn't even reply or comment when I first read it. And Melissa is right - a heart AMEN to the words about the others. (MMMMMMMPH, she got there first and said what I wanted to say, AGAIN!):0

Also, I love this idea of "shout outs" - what a wonderful way to build up those around you. I think your boys are blessed to be told regularly and lavishly how great they are - I try to do the same.

There are plenty of years for the world to share its opinion of our little guys. When they are in our home, we should tell them what The WORD says: Beloved, creative, in HIS image, strong and courageous, etc.!

Hands-Free Heart said...

What a wonderful blessing to each of us! Thank you. I cried so much at first that I had to stop and recollect before reading on. And now I came back to read it again and comment, and I'm trying to hold back the tears.

I too, grew up under a false-humility doctrine, although it was somewhat different. We received plenty of good words, but they were flattery or given in a sense of pride (as in, we've earned the affection of parents by doing something that makes them proud to show off our accomplishments). It was not true encouragement!

I truly appreciate your encouragement because I know that it is heartfelt and comes from what you truly see in me. It's often hard for me to accept words of praise because I'm wary of flattery, which is not uplifting.

I'm also often afraid I cannot find the right words to express what I think of others. And I'm reminded, by your opening statement to this post, that I need to uplift my boys much more than I do. I want to learn how to do it in genuinely.