Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Big Fat Blob!!!

I must confess for a first time blogger I made a really big "blob"! I did not share with My Knight in Shinning Armour that I had started blogging because we were not seeing eye to eye on this issue. Well I understood his feelings, but I gave in to my bigger desire to start blogging. This Feb. we will be celebrating 10 years of marriage and you would think I would not go behind his back and set one up secretly, but I did.

My two older sons were in the room when I was writing my first post. Shaggy my oldest asked what was I doing? Like such an honest and truthful mom I am I responded "Nothing". Then my second oldest, Rocker looked over my shoulder and asked the very same question. Of course I could not say the exact same thing again so I responded this time with "Don't you boys have something else you could be doing right now?" They both smiled and told me no. Then Shaggy piped up again and explained to Rocker and Drama King that "mommy was making a "blob" just like daddy had said not to." Well I felt like a criminal on the run with the cops bearing down on me sirens blaring and lights flashing. The Holy Spirit was speaking to me through my own kids. I tried to wiggle out of the whole conversation but they were persistent. Shaggy reminded me of all the times I told them to be truthful and not keep secrets. Rocker made sure I knew how much this would make daddy feel sad. Drama King had no idea what was going on but he chimed in as well with "OOOOOH, mommy is blobbing!!!!" This was going nowhere fast.

Boy, was this a big blob or what! So finally Shaggy had one more arrow in his arsenal to shot conviction into my heart for one last deadly blow. He looked at me with his deep brown eyes and said "If you don't tell daddy about your blob I will." Ok, Ok, I got it. I confessed and promised them I would tell daddy that night. The time came and I confessed all to My Knight in Shinning Armour. Of course, he smiled and told me the Lord had already let him know I was blogging and he was just waiting for me to come clean. All of that and he wasn't even mad at me. He laughed hardily because he knew I was squirming for that last few days by not telling him. My kids are happy now and as Shaggy and Rocker let me know "We're proud of you mommy." So I made a big fat blob but I am allowed to continue "blobbing" with every one's forgiveness. Well I thank the Lord for an amazing husband and great kids for helping me, although I am still not convinced I needed all that help. Eventually I would have fessed up.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

:) I must say that I'm happy you've blobbed. :) This way, I can keep up with you on a regular basis instead of trying to get it all in when I see you for 5 min. before class.

Hijabi Girl said...

I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... Water blobs