Thursday, January 3, 2008

Little Cup o' Joe



This is my coffee companion. Drama King loves coffee and has since he could sip from a cup (regular cup not sippy-cup that is). My Knight has gone to giving him a mug of Joe once or twice a month on the weekends with us. Drama King is quite the coffee snob too. He doesn't like store bought brands and he loves flavorings. Of course we love flavorings also so there is always an assortment for him to choose from at home.

When he was younger he would constantly sip our coffee even when we discouraged it but that did not stop him. He then began to sneak it whenever we left our cup of Joe alone and unattended. So we gave in. Drama King also likes to go with me to coffee houses or cafes on occasion.

But before you roll your eyes or think that I am a terrible mom for addicting my child to coffee let me note that at home his mug contains 1/4 mug of coffee, 1/4 mug of milk, some flavoring, and lots of whip cream. When we are out he shares with me frozen lattes and cappuccino milkshakes. He is not a hard core, drink it black kind of guy. At preschool he was asked to share with the class what his favorite food was. Of course he said "Cup-o chinos". The other children were left clueless but the teachers sure got a kick out of it. Well here's to all you coffee lovers enjoy to the last drop.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Unstinkinbelievable!!!!! I can't believe you are blogging. I'm so excited. Welcome to this wonderful, wacky, but oh-so-fun world.

This Journey of Mine said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who lets my children drink coffee. My 3 year old LOVES to sip on my daily cups of liquid gold. Somewhere along the lines I've become somewhat of a push over and have agreed to sharing!!

Now - on to other things...
Do I know you?!!

Emily said...

Welcome! I am so glad that you have a "blob".

I caught Princess yesterday putting her fingers in a cold cup of coffee,then licking them and saying "yummm". She likes coffee too.

Promises said...

I heard about your blog from P&S - it will be great to get to know you better through your blog. Your story reminded me of when I was little and visited my Gramma. She would make my sister and I a cup of tea - that was primarily milk! We just loved drinking it and felt so important! Great memories!